Model Building Tools
At a recent meeting we had a discussion of what are the basic tools needed to become a model builder. Well - here is a starting point! If you have comments or adjustments to this list please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will edit this page!
- Magnifier that attaches to your head so your hands are free
- Various types of Super Glue and Model Glue
- X-Acto blades with handle
- Saw (X-Acto) for scratch-building
- Various tweezers for picking up and holding small parts
- Hemostat or small pliers
- Flush cut diagonal cutters for removing parts from the sprue
- Various grits of sanding sticks/files
- Sand paper 600 to 2000 grit (polishing pad run from 2600 to 12,000
- Pin vise and drills (X-Acto)
- Various sizes of clamps and rubber bands
- Small containers with lids to hold parts, water, paint, etc...